As we head into the holiday season, let's remember clinician engagement is typically high this time of year. That makes it the most wonderful time of the year to recruit! Last year, we challenged you on your physician recruiting savviness, and it was such a hit that we’re here with another quiz. Keep scrolling through the ten questions and check your answers below. Ready? Here we go.
- The use of telemedicine has skyrocketed. Beyond keeping patients and physicians safe, telemedicine is proving helpful for relieving physician burnout. Why?
a. It allows physicians to focus more on patient care
b. Schedules are more manageable
c. Physicians feel less pressured or rushed for time
d. Physicians spend less time at the office
e. All of the above
- In the past, we published an article highlighting two specific, measurable benefits of diversity and inclusion in healthcare. Which of these is NOT one of the benefits we mentioned?
a. It’s inherent to addressing all patients’ healthcare needs, like language and culture
b. It makes everyone feel like they’re more important than others
c. It builds trust and confidence in communities
- Which of these should physician recruiters prioritize during the holiday season?
a. Ensure all your Job Posts are up-to-date
b. Continue to message candidates as physician engagement is up this time of year
c. Take time to evaluate the ROI of your recruitment tools from the past year
d. Add your Out of Office dates to your email signature & voicemail
e. All the above
- True or False? Adding Job Highlights to your jobs on Doximity is likely to increase engagement from clinicians.
- Social recruiting via Doximity Talent Finder is an ideal way to reach and engage a vast pool of millennial physicians, in part because over ___ percent of recent medical graduates are members of Doximity.
- True or False: There are currently more women than men in medical schools.
- Doximity's 2021 Report on Telemedicine has a lot of interesting findings for recruiters. Which two specialties are using telemedicine the most?
a. Primary Practice and Psychiatry
b. Endocrinology and Gastroenterology
c. Nephrology and Neuropsychiatry
d. Radiology and Cardiology
- We asked our Client Success team for common mistakes recruiters make when it comes to searching for candidates. Which of these was on the list?
a. Limiting your search to one state
b. Keeping your own hospital/system in your search
c. Reaching out to an overqualified candidate
d. Ignoring Keyword search
e. All of the above
- Physician recruiters want to secure physicians who will provide stellar care, and locum tenens are needed more than ever. What percentage of hospitals, medical groups, and other healthcare facilities use locum tenens?
- In an article celebrating America’s military veterans, we mentioned several ways recruiting and hiring vets can help healthcare employers. Which of the following is NOT correct?
a. Veterans who take jobs in another state may receive relocation assistance from the VA
b. The veterans you employ are eligible for incentives like free child care and groceries
c. Your organization may be eligible for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- BONUS QUESTION: A physician clicks on a Doximity job every ___ seconds?
Want to see how you did? Check your answers below.
- The correct answer is E: all of the above. Read all 4 Reasons Telemedicine Can Help Relieve Physician Burnout now.
- The correct answer is B. Healthcare teams should be diverse but not by making anyone feel they’re more important than others. Read more here: Why Diversity is Critical to Both Recruiting and Patient Outcomes.
- The correct answer is E. The holidays are a great time to recruit because we typically see an uptick in engagement on the Doximity network. For a complete list of holiday recruitment tips, watch our recent webinar recording: 5 Ways to Recruit Physicians During the Holidays.
- The correct answer is TRUE! We've seen an average increase in engagement of 20% for jobs that include highlights. You can read more about job highlights here.
- The correct answer is D: 90% percent! Learn all about the 7 Things to Know if You’re Recruiting Millennial Physicians.
- The correct answer is TRUE, according to data for the 2019-20 academic year from the Association of American Medical Colleges. Read more here: Why the Future of Healthcare is Female.
- The correct answer is B: Endocrinology and Gastroenterology. We invite you to read Key Takeaways for Physician Recruiters or download the full report now.
- The correct answer is E: All of the above. You can learn all about it in this article: 6 Mistakes to Avoid When Searching for Candidates.
- The correct answer is C: 85% used locum tenens, per a report from AMN Healthcare, which we wrote about in our article: How Locum Tenens Can be Critical To your Permanent Recruiting Strategy.
- The correct answer is B. There is no free childcare or groceries on the list, but recruiting veterans has its benefits. To learn more, read our 5 Tips for Recruiting Military Vets.
- BONUS: The correct answer is B: a physician clicks on a job posted on Doximity every 30 seconds!
If you're not using Doximity Talent Finder to recruit physicians, we'd be happy to show you more about how to connect with physicians on the platform they already trust. Sign up for a demo here!