Keeping up with the news cycle and the multitude of healthcare recruitment challenges these days can be overwhelming, so we thought we’d have a little fun this week with a 10-question quiz based on articles we’ve published and highlights of Doximity Talent Finder. After you take the quiz, you can scroll down to find the correct answers as well as links to the original articles. Ready...set...go!
- It takes twice as long to recruit a physician today as it did just a decade ago. Why?
a. The coronavirus pandemic means doctors aren’t available to work
b. Newly minted physicians are taking longer to decide where they want to work
c. The shortage of physicians means the demand is growing even as the supply remains flat
d. Data errors: recruiters aren't marking jobs as "filled" when a clinician is hired
- Nearly 20% of U.S. citizens live in rural locations, yet less than __ % of U.S. physicians practice there.
- The COVID-19 pandemic means interviewing and hiring is now done virtually. Is the following statement TRUE or FALSE? “Virtual career fairs are not only less expensive than in-person career fairs, but they’re often times more effective, too."
- In response to COVID-19, Doximity is offering additional resources to physician recruiters. Which of the following is not part of our offerings?
a. Advice for recruiting physicians while working from home
b. Help with curating DocMail subject lines and messaging to reach physicians
c. Free access to the Doximity Dialer tool for all healthcare providers & support staff
d. Free COVID-19 tests for physician recruiters
e. Free Job Posts for COVID-19 specific jobs
- In a recent article, we discussed how journaling can help recruiters and physicians in tough times. According to a study conducted at University of Auckland, journaling can help physicians in which of the following ways?
a. Improve mood, stress and depression symptoms
b. Increase chances of fighting diseases like asthma and cancer
c. Lower blood sugar levels
d. All the above
- What percent of physician candidates are passive candidates? (i.e., not actively seeking out new jobs via job boards or career fairs but are still interested in hearing about new opportunities):
- In a recent article about candidate messaging, we suggested ten things NOT to do when writing to clinicians. Which of these are mistakes recruiters often make in their messaging?
a. Not optimizing for mobile device reading
b. Not including a salutation
c. Withholding information about the job opportunity
d. Attaching the wrong job template
e. All of the above
- If you’re using Doximity Talent Finder to find great candidates, where can you find a running log of all your sent DocMails, ClickThru performance insights, DocMail availability, and downloadable reports?
a. Your recruiter profile page
b. The reports page
c. At the top of the candidate search page
d. A link pops up after you’ve sent a DocMail
- When writing your DocMail message to a physician, you subject line should:
a. Be short and concise
b. Include ALL CAPS or a lot of punctuation like "!!!$$$" to attract attention
c. Share a few key strengths of the job (location, compensation, leadership opportunity, etc.)
d. A and C
e. A and B
- Which day of the year do we celebrate National Healthcare Recruiter Recognition Day?
a. The first Thursday in February
b. The entire last week of May
c. The first Tuesday in June
d. Every day is National Healthcare Recruiter Recognition Day!
- BONUS QUESTION: When is the monthly Doximity Talent Finder webinar typically held?
a. The first Thursday of each month
b. The Last Tuesday of each month
c. The second Tuesday of each month
d. Every Thursday
How did you do? Check your answers below!
- The correct answer is C: The shortage of physicians means the demand is growing even as the supply remains flat. Read more here: It’s Taking Longer to Hire Physicians: 9 Tips for Recruiting Right Now
- The correct answer is b: 10 percent! You can read all about it in this article: Recruiting Physicians for Rural Positions: Time for a New Approach
- The correct answer is TRUE. “Virtual career fairs are almost always cheaper than in-person career fairs and they are oftentimes actually MORE effective.” Read more here: How to Leverage Virtual Conferences and Career Fairs this Summer
- The correct answer is: Free COVID-19 tests for physician recruiters. Doximity is offering a lot of help during the pandemic, but unfortunately free tests aren’t one of them! You’ll find more resources here: COVID-10: We’re Here to Help
- The correct answer is TRUE. Journaling DOES make you less likely to get sick, plus it increases your chances of fighting diseases like asthma and cancer.” Read How Journaling Can Help Recruiters and Physicians in Tough Times
- The correct answer is D: 73% of physicians are passive job seekers, while only 10.5% are actively looking for a new job.
- The correct answer is E: All of the Above! To learn more read 10 Things NOT to do in Your Candidate Messaging
- The correct answer is B: The Reports Page!
- The correct answer is D: When creating your DocMail message to a physician, your subject line should be short and concise and share a couple key strengths of the job (location, compensation, leadership opportunity etc).
- The “official” correct answer is C: the first Tuesday in June! However, we celebrate recruiters every day at Doximity and here’s proof: Today (and Every Day) We Celebrate Healthcare Recruiters
- The correct answer is C: the second Tuesday in each month - at 11am PST / 2pm EST to be specific. You can sign up for the July 12th webinar here.