Here at Doximity Talent Finder, we know there are a lot of articles about physician recruitment, compensation, etc. on the internet, and we also know that recruiters are busy and don’t have a lot of time to sift through the countless articles each week. So, we’ve done the hard part for you!
Here are some articles our team has deemed the most important for physician recruitment so far this fall.
1. Doximity's 1st Physician Hospital Satisfaction Report. Roughly 80% of physicians rated their overall hospital practice experience favorably, according to an analysis of more than 11,000 verified physician reviews collected by Doximity's Hospital Reviews product. Check out additional insights from the report here.
2. The true cost of physician burnout. Health care organizations still struggle with how to address one of medicine’s biggest problems, and COVID-19 has exacerbated burnout levels. This article addresses some of the ways organizations can create cultural change to address burnout, including an increased focus on mental health and more streamlined technology.
3. Physician Employment Market Stabilizing, Recruitment Executive Says. Despite the disruptions caused by the pandemic, demand for physicians is high according to Tony Stajduhar, president of Alpharetta, Georgia-based Jackson Physician Search. In this article, he shares some trends around compensation as well as the movement of physicians from urban areas to more suburban and rural areas.
4. This project creates "sisterhood of support" for women physicians. The number of female physicians continues to grow, with women now representing half of medical students. Check out this article that talks about the Women’s Wellness through Equity and Leadership (WEL) project, which was created to provide support to female physicians.
5. Remote work is boosting productivity, study finds. Has your productivity improved while working from home? This article provides some trends on a remote vs. hybrid work setup as well as insights on work from home productivity levels.
6. 10% physician pay cut by CMS looms large. The 2022 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule includes a large pay cut for physicians to meet the budget neutrality requirements. Read more about the response from the American Medical Association.
Looking for more great articles to read? In our humble opinion, the Doximity Talent Finder Blog is your one stop shop! New articles are posted regularly and will keep you in the know on the latest trends and happenings in modern physician recruitment.